Zack Seckler /zackseckler.com / @zackseckler
1. Start with the basics…Zack Seckler, born in Boston lives in the 'burbs of NYC. Studied psychology at Syracuse. Get this boring stuff outta the way quick. You might’ve already lost them.
2. Reveal the moment you magically discovered the visual arts. Although, there might not be space to tell the whole story about how you were traveling in India and found that creating images was a gateway to understanding the culture and yourself in new and exciting ways. So maybe just makeup something...Brownie camera since you were a kid?
3. Mention all your awards and press. But don’t sound big-headed. In fact, maybe just list them at the bottom. But if you do a list, make it as long as possible.
4. Insert endearing joke about your Mom being your biggest fan. This will lessen any impression that you’re big-headed. Plus, Mom will like it.
5. Mention that you work with big name clients but also keep it real by creating fine art.
6. Say that you’re a great team player, love creative collaboration and are fun to work with. But find a clever way to do this. Just writing it out plainly will seem like B.S.
7. Yeah, then list the awards and stuff.
Communication Arts Photo Annual Shortlist -- 2021
Archive -- 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide 2020
Communication Arts Photo Annual Shortlist -- 2020
Clio Awards -- Bronze Film Under "30 seconds 2019
Global Awards -- Silver Multi Platform Campaign 2019
Communication Arts Photo Annual -- 2018
Archive -- 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide 2018 / 2019
Chosen for American Photography 34 -- 2018
Communication Arts Photo Annual shortlist -- 2017
Cannes Silver Lion -- 2016
Cannes Lion Shortlist Health -- 2016
IPA Honorable Mention in Aerial category -- 2016
Chosen for American Photography 32 -- 2016
IPA 1st Place in Fine Art Collage category -- 2015
Selected for American Photography 31 -- 2015
Selected for American Photography 30 – 2014
Communication Arts Photo Annual – 2011
Chosen for American Photography 27 – 2011
Communication Arts Photo Annual – 2010
PDN Photo Annual, Website Category – 2010
Chosen for American Photography 26 – 2010
Communication Arts Fresh – 2009
IPA 1st Place in Digital Enhancement category – 2009
IPA Honorable Mention in People category – 2009
IPA Honorable Mention in Fine Art category – 2008
IPA Honorable Mention in People category – 2008
Communication Arts Photo Annual – 2007
PDN World in Focus Contest – 2007
Arnold New York
Bank of America
Conde Nast Entertainment
Harrison and Star
J. Walter Thompson
New York Lottery
New York Magazine
Procter & Gamble
Saatchi & Saatchi
Starwood Hotels & Resorts